Friday, April 28, 2006

Coffee Geek
"You roast your own coffee?!? What a geek!"

I hear that a lot. Usually people are more polite about it, but that's what they're thinking.
Believe it or not, I became a coffee geek as a way to reduce my caffeine intake. The coffee that my company provides at the office is free, and you get what you pay for. It's terrible, but with no frame of reference, I could drink a lot of it. My twisted thinking was that if I have one good cup of java in the morning, then I won't be able to choke down the swill at work; therefore limiting myself to one cup per day.

One problem with that is that good coffee is expensive. I'll post more about the drivers behind home roasting later, but the bottom line is that it's the cheapest way to get the best coffee!

So, did it work? Yes, I've been limited to my single cup of very good joe, and much better off for it.

No comments: