Saturday, September 06, 2008

Fender-Geek

As someone who rides to work everyday, rain or shine, it's pretty important to have fenders on my bike. Riding in the rain is actually quite refreshing usually, and the rain that falls from the sky is not a big deal on a warm day, but the water that comes up from the tires off the road is nasty and I don't like having a stripe of it up my back when I get home.
The solution of course is to have fenders on the bike. When I purchased my bike from the LBS a few years ago, I had them add a pair of fenders for this very reason. The pair that they added were some no-name brand that worked OK, but were hard to adjust, so they were sometimes rubbing on the wheel, and tended to rattle on bumpy roads.
So last time we were at the REI store, I picked up a pair of Planet Bike fenders. I finally got around to mounting these to the bike, and I couldn't be happier! The bike is so quiet now!
This week, we've had a lot of rain, and I was really able to enjoy riding through it in part because of these excellent fenders.

No comments: