Thursday, May 17, 2007

Linux-Geek
I've been a long-time Microsoft customer from the days of MS-DOS 3.3, and have seen each iteration of their operating systems as an improvement (WindowME excepted). Until now.
Windows Vista does not seem to be an improvement. There is much on the web about the many issues with Vista, so I won't go into detail other than to say that my experience and the experience of people I have spoken with tells me that I don't want to use it.
So if I'm going to have to switch operating systems eventually, perhaps Vista is not the only option. I could replace my 4 computers with Apples, but that would be really expensive! So I've decided to make the switch to Ubuntu Linux instead of switching to Vista (or Apple).
I know that there will be some bumps along the way, so I'll try recording my experiences in the hope that I can help some others who want to do something similar.
Wish me luck!

No comments: